Time for a second “Debian XSF News” issue! I’ll skip stuff related to the new katamari since I wrote about that already.
I reassigned a big memory leak to the kernel. It happens with a Radeon HD 4200 card and the
I mentioned on debian-boot@ how to reassign bug to the
xorgmeta package. We regularly receive bug reports about either X-related issues in the graphical installer, or about the just-installed X stack.
I started a
xsf-docsrepository to hold some documentation, trying to keep up-to-date information about the X stack. The wiki is unfortunately a bit of a mess, and contains some very old stuff like an ancient FAQ. This has historical value, but doesn’t really help.
;)The new documentation lives at http://pkg-xorg.alioth.debian.org/, and it should be packaged at some point (maybe merged into an existing package).
Julien Cristau uploaded
unstable, and it was unblocked for
Triage happened on the
xorgmeta package, which should be our “frontdesk”: people should report or reassign bugs against this package when they’re not sure which X component is at fault.
inteldriver was tweaked to fail properly if KMS is disabled, so that the X server autodetection code could fall back to
vesa. Unfortunately, it turned out to be insufficient in some cases. That was fixed in the “♫ we wish you a working driver ♫” release. The latter migrated to
On a related note, we discovered (through bug reports), that the
experimental. Not that symbols would be missing, but some nasty bugs happen when the version from
unstableis used instead. We still need to address this issue.
Julien pushed more patches to the
server-1.7-branchupstream, which I merged, uploaded as
2:1.7.7-11, and got unblocked for
squeeze. A crasher was reported right after that, but it’s probably going to wait for
squeeze r1(see next entry).
Bernhard R. Link reported an issue with old
XF86Config-4configuration files. We cloned that bug report and fixed both in git. I’ll probably upload
unstablesoon with those fixes. Then we’ll probably upload
I updated the
cirrusdriver to improve support in QEMU and FAUmachine, it’s been unblocked for
I fixed partial upgrades for the
He also blogged about how easy it is to triage X bugs. Join the fun!
I also wrote a tiny doc about configuring input, and poked a bunch of bugs for the following input drivers: